Get the most of social media marketing and start selling your art on social platforms.
If you think being a successful artist is 90 percent luck and 10 percent talent, you’re wrong. Fate has nothing to do with earning a living as an artist. Learning to use social media does have everything to do with flourishing as an artist nowadays.
Case in point: Allison works a full-time job, but her dream is to become a full-time artist. Although she sells paintings to friends, she wants to jumpstart her career as an artist. After a coaching session, we found ways for her to start selling art online. We built a super attractive website for her. I drafted a social media plan to get clients to the site, and she started. She posts at least one new image of her artworks every day on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin.
Within six weeks, Allison posted, good quality images and slide shows. She also posted pictures of living rooms, dining rooms, and family rooms with her works in it. She took the time to interact with her followers, reply to comments. She also made friends with other artists and joined art groups.
In a short time, Allison watched her art sales skyrocket. She’s closer to her goal of becoming a full-time artist and thrilled about what the future holds for her as a career.
Getting the Most of Social Media Marketing:
5 Great Tips for Struggling Artists
Making Your Profile Snap, Crackle, and Pop are Essential to Increasing Online Art Sales. Being present and having an effective social media marketing strategy takes more than posting selfies or low-quality images. Make your pictures are of high quality, attractive, and vibrant. Create a unique statement, share your message, and speak from the heart. Show social media followers that you live and breathe art.
- Photos, Photos, Photos! Post photos of your work daily and provide direct links of where to buy your work. Make it as simple as possible for people to buy your art.
- Like, Follow, Interact. When you don’t reply, comment, and follow others, nobody will know you are there! The essential actions you should do to sell art online is to like stuff, support others, and interact.
- Use #Hashtags. When used, hashtags can expand exposure to social media posts. If you tweet about your latest artwork, use hashtags like “#artworkoftheday” or “#originalartwork.” People interested in these topics will click on the hashtag. News flash: social media users love hashtags.
- Caption Photos of Your Artwork with Prose. Art lovers often yearn to create art but consider themselves inept with it comes to creating art. A short how-to video or photo album will get you lots of views and might attract a client or two.
- Delegate When Possible! By now, you are thinking, “who has time for that”? Few people, to be honest. That’s why busy artists depend on social media management services to do their work. Having a social media guru maintaining all aspects of your account frees your time to create.
If you can afford to delegate, this is one task that should be at the top of your list that will help you improve your social media marketing. Transform a passive artistic career into an exciting, lucrative career.
My favorite Social Media Managemen services? arttourinternational.com offers services dedicated only to artists.
Allow a team of experts to handle your social media tasks. Let them do the posting for you and free up time so that you focus on creating art!
For more information on this topic, feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Learn more about Viviana Puello in the About Me Page